Besides puberty, when you just cannot control it, your appearance highly depends on how you look after your skin. The consequence of not looking after your skin early is getting rough skin, and people may decide to avoid you. That’s not something that you want because it can cause self-doubt, and you can become shyer when presenting to others.
As technology advances, there are many new products out there that can help you keep your skin looking good at all times. For example, according to Esthetics Hub, red light therapy devices are available, which helps reduce wrinkles and sagging skin.
Skincare is a long process that follows you through your entire life, but once it becomes a routine, you will enjoy it, and it won’t be strenuous. But even if it is a boring task for you, you should never be lazy. Everything requires your effort.
Let’s take a quick look at the most efficient skincare tips:
- Keep yourself hydrated. The hydration of your body and face is very important. When your skin is dry, you will get cracked skin. To avoid this, drink at least the recommended amount of 2 liters of water every day.
- Find the best product for you. It’s important to find the right skincare products for yourself. Maybe you have sensitive skin and need a cream that is suitable for sensitive skin, or you may have very dry skin and need a cream with a better moisturizer.
- Keep a Healthy Diet. Your diet is a very important thing. Eat healthily to help your body function well because it will help you fight against any irregularities on your face. Having a healthy diet will help keep your skin healthy.
- Change your towels regularly. This can help you avoid getting the dirt on your face again after you washed it. You should change your towels every 2-3 days.
- Wash your hands. During the day, we touch a lot of things, and we end up getting a lot of bacteria on our hands. When you touch your face, there is a 99.99% chance of transferring them to your face. They can get stuck in your pores, which causes inflammation, which can result in redness on your face or even acne.
Following these tips can help you obtain fresh and healthy skin. Having healthy and shiny skin is something that you want. Even for job interviews, you will be more confident when presenting your skills to the company.
Stay motivated to do this. Take pictures every day to see how these tips changed your appearance. For those who already have clean skin and want to maintain it, these tips will still help you.
Cleansing and washing your face is truly one of the easiest and necessary skin care procedures and step you can do. It may seem like a no-brainer daily task, but it turns out that face washing is not just a walk in the park. You might be thinking, how can face washing be so complicated? As you read more below, you might be surprised by how many cleansing mistakes you have made. To help you with that, we have listed below five common cleansing mistakes that everyone usually makes.
According to Shift Cosmetic Clinics, for more refined, hydrated skin and a smoother complexion you must be using the right cleanser for your specific skin type. It’s important to learn your skin type first and then test with multiple products that suits your skin to find the best one.
Choosing the wrong cleanser
Ever wondered why some cleansers seem to not work effectively? That’s because maybe you are using the wrong cleanser. What works for other people does not guarantee that it will also work for you. You should always be familiar with your skin type and use a cleanser that is perfectly formulated for it.
There are also some people that use bar soaps, but it can be too harsh for the skin. Always remember to use a cleanser that is suitable and designed for the face and for your skin type to help you remove dirt, makeup, and oil without compromising the health of your skin.
Neglecting the neck
Your neck is exposed to the same dirt and pollution as your face. Always remember that whatever you do and put to your face, you should do and put it to your neck as well. This area is just as important. It also needs the care and attention to make sure that it will not age faster than the rest of your body. It should also receive the same product you put on your face, so it truly makes sense that you need to be cleansing that part too.
You are over exfoliating
Exfoliating is the process of removing away dead skin cells from your skin. The feeling of having softened and freshly scrubbed skin is really satisfying, but exfoliating is something you do not want to go overboard with. It will damage your skin and may cause irritation and inflammation of the skin. Ideally, you could only exfoliate your skin once or maximum twice a week to prevent tearing your pores.
Using facial wipes
Facial wipes might be an easier option when removing makeup, yes. But it is not your skin’s best friend. The majority of facial wipes are full of chemicals that are known to aggravate your skin. Also, it can harm your skin caused by a lot of tugging and pulling just to remove all that makeup on your face. Plus, they are not environmentally friendly.
More often, we think that cleansing our face frequently helps reduce more dirt and makes our skin clean. But that is not how it works. Ideally, you should only be washing your face twice a day, washing more than that can cause irritation and dryness to the skin. Just stick to the normal 60-second cleansing rule once in the morning and once in the night, and it will just be enough to do its job.
Skincare can be a little bit confusing at times. Most of us are guilty of doing at least one of these things mentioned above, and I believe that there is nothing wrong with that. It is normal to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. Just remember to always take care of your skin as you take care of yourself.